accept the following for recycling:
- Household timber from DIY work
- Timber from gardens
- Wooden furniture (must not contain any metal, eg. hinges)
All of the above must be untreated - eg. not painted or varnished.
do NOT accept the following for recycling:
- Timber containing metal or plasterboard
- Window frames containing glass (this must be separated)
- Treated timber eg. creosote
- Medium Density Fibreboard (MDF)
or plaster board must be removed from timber before it
can be accepted at the Civic Amenity Centres
is shredded and used to produce MDF for furniture making.